Sunday, August 3, 2008

213

Dad's been on my mind a lot the past few days.  It's probably why I was drawn to this cemetery today.  I'm not sure why there's a national cemetery in our town.  I was fascinated by the identical headstones perfectly lined up.  They seemed to go on forever.  

Yesterday I was playing trains with Oliver and tears started streaming down my cheeks.  Olivers says "What's wrong Mom?"  I told him that I miss Grandpoppa.  He said, "I miss Grandpoppa, too."  Then he said, "You look funny, Mom!" and started giggling.  I'm grateful for Oliver trying to cheer me up.  It worked.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

What a sweet Ollie.

Merry said...

It's strange how those moments sneak up on us. I am grateful for how our children try to comfort up. Thank heaven for them.

AZ Hey-mon said...

I am glad you have such sweet kiddos to cheer you up.