Monday, August 11, 2008

221

I said I wasn't leaving until I saw a bear.  Well, Jordyn and I went searching and got to see this momma and her 3 babies up close and personal at Laurel Falls.  Weston and Ella were trapped behind her and had to wait for her to move up the hill.  It was scary for a moment.  There were a bunch of other hikers there, too, all screaming and acting crazy.  I'm grateful she didn't get too aggressive.  I quickly snapped a few photos then moved away to watch her and her babies.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

My first response was, "oh crap!" Does it have a collar on? What do you mean by "TOO" aggressive. I knew I worried for a good reason while you guys were there. Cool picture although I'm shaking now.

(What did Ella do?)

Merry said...

Scary! I'm glad nothing bad happened. The other hikers need to chill out! It doesn't help to freak out!

Clammy said...

I don't like seeing Weston (and Ella) in the background there....that situation could have turned bad fast! I got my fill of seeing bears!