Saturday, December 20, 2008

355

I have had such a sad heart this week.  Thinking about what this family must be going through makes me cry and cry.  But today I attended the most beautiful Celebration of Life for a special 10-year-old girl that left this earth too soon.  Everyone wore purple, her favorite color.  It was so beautiful.  The memorial was heartbreaking, full of laughter, and I left with an amazing feeling of hope.  The mom gave me words of comfort when I couldn't offer her any.  I will never forget Marie's spur of the moment solo during the children's sacrament program a few months ago.  I am grateful for this amazing family and this little girl that exhibited happiness unfiltered.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is a beautiful tribute, (although it made me cry a lot).

Arlene said...

I'm glad you shared this, although it breaks my heart, too. It's amazing how kids can touch your heart forever in such a short time.