Saturday, November 27, 2010

331: How you'll know she's ready for potty training + bad parenting.

Photobucket

For the past several weeks Sophie has been asking to use the potty and I would let her and praise her, but I never tried to prompt her to use it. Sometimes I would even find myself wishing she would just go in her diaper because it was inconvenient for me at the moment. So, when we were down to the last few diapers I decided we had better get down to business (either that or make a trip to the store and cough up another $30 to replenish the supply). I had to keep setting the timer to remind ME to have her go. She had pretty much already potty-trained herself. She'd just been waiting for me to help her get up onto the toilet. She still seems so tiny to me. I love how her feet dangle in the air. I'm grateful she's been so patient with me.

4 comments:

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

kids always seem to know when they are ready and some will train themselves! and others take forever to mature physically to that point. ... like not until puberty sets in for some reason.

Arlene said...

you are not a bad parent. sheesh!

Merry said...

My boys would never have used the potty if I hadn't forced it. It would be nice is Alyssa would train herself.

Clammy said...

Go Sophie!

I always just got plain tired of changing diapers so thats when I would see if they were ready.