Friday, March 4, 2011

063: Simon

Photobucket

Simon's leg has really been bothering him. Rick took him in to have it checked again. Our pup is sick. Really sick. He has bone cancer and it has spread to his lungs. He won't recover. The vet asked Rick if he wanted to leave Simon there. Rick insisted on bringing Simon back home. We don't know how much longer he will be with us. Simon is getting lots of hugs. Lots of snuggles. Sweet, heartfelt prayers from the kids. Naps in the sunny spot. Runs on the beach. Games of catch. Lots of treats. He can bark all he wants at the neighbors. And chase all the squirrels in the neighborhood. And the cats too. He'll be spoiled by the kids at the university. And have his velvety ears stroked. He will know that he is the best, most loved, dog ever.

5 comments:

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

That really makes me sad to hear that! Poor Simon. Hug from Grandma. I know it's going to be really hard on your kids when he goes. ;o( You may want to check your town's laws on pet burial. I know here, we can't bury them on our property.

Arlene said...

:'(

Give him some love for me. I'm so so sorry.

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

He looks so sad. ;o(

Clammy said...

That makes me so sad. And he doesn't look like he feels well at all in the picture.


Give him some papmpering and loves from me.

Kimberly said...

Oh, my heart is breaking for you guys and your pup. That is so so hard.