Wednesday, July 6, 2011

187: summer linen pants

Photobucket

Aidan hates wearing pants but the mosquitoes love him. So I suggested making him a pair of lightweight summer pants. He was all for it. And it just so happened that the day I went into the fabric store linen was on sale, plus I had a coupon, plus I got the end-of-bolt discount. Score. I made a pattern from some elastic waist pajamas. He wore them as soon as they were finished. Unfortunately, I forgot they were in the load that just finished washing and tossed them in the dryer. They shrunk about an inch in length. I had him put them on and he says "Now they're just right. They were too big before." They're on the verge of "floods" if you ask me, but he's happy. Luckily I will be able to let them down another inch in about month when they'll be way too short because he is growing like crazy. But for now, he can play outside and not get devoured by the mozzies.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Good idea! Way to be thrifty.