Saturday, September 3, 2011

246: Did you know Curious George is fine art?

Photobucket
Trying to squeeze some culture into our summer break, we went to the art museum to see the Curious George exhibit. The kids thought it was boring, but I found it very interesting. The authors fled Paris on their bicycles to escape the Nazis. The fact that they were carrying manuscripts and illustrations for children's books saved them more than once. Also, Curious George was first called Fifi and Zozo before he was finally name George. Now you know.

5 comments:

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

Our art museum had a display of costumes used in movies and TV, Mask from Enemy Mine, Star Wars, Wonder Woman, Wizard of Oz, Star Trek, Batman, X-Men, Blade Runner, The Terminator, etc. I guess nearly anything can be classed as art. Some of the Impressionists art looks like a kids crayon drawings!

Laladenise said...

Years ago, JD and I made a trip to the Children's Museum in Portsmouth (pre-kids) just to see the Mel Blanc display!

Kimberly said...

I love Curious George! Thanks for sharing those facts.

Arlene said...

I never knew. I do know his books have made me want a monkey since I was 4.

So, was Rick posing or really so studious?

Unknown said...

Not posed. He has to read everything whenever we go to museums.