Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Day of 2014-2015 school year. Part 1

With everyone starting new schools today we were all feeling a little anxious.  Riding the bus for the first time, new buildings, new teachers, new classmates.  As I was tucking each of my kids into bed last night I tried to calm their butterflies and assure them that there would be teachers there to help them find their classes and that the buses were not going to just drop them off and abandon them to find their own way.  We all woke this morning before the alarms sounded and had a quiet breakfast.  No arguing or complaining.  Then before we knew it, it was time to leave for the bus stop.  My middle-schooler even asked me to walk him to the bus stop and wait with him.  I'm sure soon enough he won't need me to do that anymore, perhaps even by tomorrow.  I'm sure going to miss them today.




No comments: