Sunday, August 23, 2009

235: Oobleck

Photobucket
I'm thankful for my very creative and awesome sister who posted the Oobleck recipe on her blog. We had a blast. And clean-up was a breeze (I thought it would be a nightmare, but this stuff wiped up like a dream).

Make your own Oobleck:
Put one cup of water in a bowl. Add some food coloring.
Add 1½ - 2 cups corn starch. Mix well.
Now play with it: grab a handful, squeeze it, make a puddle on the table and drag your finger through it, poke it, etc.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Our library didn't have it, but we still need to track down that book!

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you guys finally tried it. I want to make it again!

Deborah said...

My kids did the same thing a few days ago, but I wish I had a picture as good as yours! Fun stuff. I was even addicted.

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

Looks like it was lots of fun playing with it.

Arlene said...

Such a great picture! Your kids have the reddest lips!

If you want to get "teachy" with it - I used to put some in big plastic zip-loc bags and let kids write letters, names, etc. in it. The letters disappear, but it's a fun tactile way to make that fun. It works on the table, too, but it keeps for a long time in the bags.