Thursday, September 24, 2009

267: Something to get my mind off ice cream

Photobucket
I've had this fabric laying around for a while now. First I got the piggy fabric just because I thought it was cute. I didn't want to cut it up so it sat for a while. Then I was going to make a skirt for Sophie and got the polka dots to use with it. But that never happened, so I decided to make a pillow-case style dress. That required the least cutting of the piggy fabric. It came together quickly. I looked at a couple tutorials online then decided to just wing it. I was able to finish it in just two naps. I think it turned out really cute. The boys both think it's cute. Sophie just screamed when I put it on her and didn't stop until I took it off. Oh, well. I'm thinking that she could still wear it as a cute shirt when she gets bigger if she doesn't warm up to it while it still fits her as a dress. At least I can be thankful the fabric isn't just sitting in a stack anymore.

3 comments:

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

it is a cute dress. Sorry to hear she was so upset by it. Are you sure you didn't leave a pin in it that was sticking her. It must have been crushing to you for her to react like that.

Clammy said...

It totally looks like one of the pillow case dresses. Good job.

And taking pictures of clothes hanging on the fence is one of my favorite ways to take pictures of them.....just wish my fence was as cute as yours.

Arlene said...

I love it! Maybe she's afraid of the wolf? Who knew fabric could look so cute out of the stack! :/