Sunday, September 28, 2008

272

Our children's program was today.  Whew.  Glad it's over.  We had a spontaneous solo by one of our special needs kids, but nobody knew it wasn't planned and it was awesome.  Everyone commented that it was the best part of the program.  I was also holding my breath as one of our other special needs kids came up for his part (it never went well during practice), but he said his part without a hitch.  I'm so proud of him.  All the kids did a great job.  I'm grateful for the special spirit the kids create.  It always brings me to tears.  I couldn't even sing the last song I was so choked up.

Rick told me the children's program is his second favorite Sunday.  I asked what his first is.  He said, "snow days."  What a stinker!

6 comments:

Arlene said...

That's awesome. :) I bet you're so great in Primary.

Cherie said...

The program was so wonderful. I will always remember Marie going to the microphone and trying to sing a song she really couldn't say the words to and not giving up, and then saying in the end with such excitement "I did it"!! I was so proud of her the tears wouldn't stop coming.

Kimberly said...

The Primary Program was always such a stress for me, but every year the kids always pulled it off in such an amazing way. I am always choked up by the end, too.

Merry said...

Primary programs are always special in there different ways. Rick is so funny!

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

When I was in the Primary presidency it was the same way....the practices were always a disaster, but some how the program was always great.

Clammy said...

I am glad that it went well. That is neat that there was a spontaneous solo.
we did ours today too. I got to help out with our rehearsal on friday and I was in teary eyed when the first song started.