Wednesday, August 26, 2009

238: Butterfly Egg

Photobucket
It's smaller than the head of a pin. The parsley and fennel look like someone shook yellow cupcake sprinkles all over because we have so many butterfly eggs. Now, you might be thinking I have a beautifully landscaped butterfly heaven of a yard. Nope. Mostly weeds. But what I do have is a pot of herbs. It's one pot with some herbs planted in it. Crazy. What's even crazier is that I rarely see butterflies in the yard. Mostly mosquitoes. I probably have those breeding somewhere around here, too.

Looks like I'm going to have to get more herbs sooner than I thought. I wonder how long until they hatch? I'm thankful for unexpected surprises.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is so cool!

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

Your photo makes it look huge.

Clammy said...

awesome! I need to check around my yard to see if I am as lucky as you.

Arlene said...

I will always look closer at my herbs now! Thanks for sharing your wonders!